The programs and events funded by the Hatch PTO need volunteers to bring them to life. What do you love to do? Lead lunchtime games? Organize assemblies? Teach art? We need you
- Parent Back to School Breakfast. New and continuing parents can meet other parents and PTO members for light snacks, tea, and coffee after drop off on the first day of school, in multi-use room at 7:50am.
- Dinner & Movie Night. Free family movie nights 4 times a year! In the MPR at 6:30, free movie and all food and treats are $1.00.
- Opera At Hatch. San Francisco Opera performs at Hatch, students have the opportunity to play roles in the performance.
- Autumn Parent Breakfast and Halloween Parade. Students get the opportunity to wear costumes to school and parents come to see an early morning parade. This year we will even have music!
- Hatch Holiday Bazaar. This is a great evening of crafts, music, food, and lots of fun things to buy made by Hatch families and some community members. It is held in November to help make your holiday shopping easier.
- Talent Show. A fun night showcasing our amazingly talented Hatch students.
- Young Author’s Week. An entire week in celebration of reading and writing! Including an assembly from a children’s book author.
- Books & Bagels. Students bring their special grownups to school for treats, coffee, and to read books together before school. This event takes place during Young Author’s Week.
- Oceans Weeks. A special two weeks in the Spring which is FULL of events and interactive presentations for our students.
- Teacher Appreciation Week. Students and Parents host a week of events to celebrate and appreciate our Teachers at Hatch. Teachers are treated to lunch, breakfast, flowers and gifts for a whole week!
- Spring Soiree. A special evening dance for students and their parents.
- Open House. A fun Spring event after school showcasing the student’s artwork and parents have the opportunity to visit the classrooms as well.
- Sport & Spirit Day. Students in K-3 participate in a morning full of physical activities out on the playground. Each class rotates through stations such as parachute, hockey, tennis, football and basketball.
- PTO Volunteer Thank You Party. The PTO hosts an event in late Spring to thank all the volunteers for their time during the year.
- 5th Grade Graduation Ceremony. Event hosted by PTO to celebrate graduates on the last day of school.
- Music Program. Since 1994, the PTO has provided music education at Hatch school. The goals of the program are to have every child, K-5th grade, joyously engaged in making music.
- Art Program. The PTO provides Art education for grades K-5. All grades use the program Art in Action, which is a teacher/parent volunteer taught curriculum.
- Library Books. Funding from the PTO allows “Library Lynn” to keep the library shelves full of the best in educational and entertaining books for all Hatch students.
- P.E. Program. Grades 3-5 receive P.E. from a certified instructor.
- Kinder Movement. This program is funded for K-2 to supplement the movement instruction our students need. In weekly classes, students develop awareness of the concept of space, time and effort, including basic eye-hand and eye-foot manipulative skills, loco-motor patterns, physical exercises, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- The HEAL Project – Health, Environment, Agriculture, Learning. HEAL students in grades 2 and 3 are working in the school garden, taking part in hands-on Science, Math, and Social Studies based activities tied to CA State Academic Standards.
- Hatch School Garden. Produce grown in our garden is sold at the weekly HMB Farmer’s Market.
- Assemblies. Educational and fun assemblies are scheduled throughout the school year during school hours, approximately one per month.
- Amity Interns. The PTO funds two Amity Interns to assist teachers in the Traditional Program.
- Yearbook. Save your child’s classroom outing photos to be published in our Hatch school yearbook. Available for purchase towards the end of school year.
- Hatch Playground Committee. Parent volunteers help to facilitate non-competitive games on the playground at lunch recess. We encourage parents to join the committee and contribute ideas and/or time!
- Hatch Headlines. The Hatch PTO publishes a newsletter that is distributed to each student on a monthly basis.
- Hatch eBlast. The Hatch PTO sends a weekly email newsletter with up-to-date news. Sign up at [email protected].